curated by CENTER + Jerome Knapp
BONES is a worldly exhibition whose group relation is obscure at best, with contrasting aesthetic and approaches to a contemporary creative practice. The curators’ twofold vision is to mechanize this visual disharmony as a means of commenting on the social tensions felt throughout Milwaukee and the nation and to cultivate a new thread of cohesion, spawning fresh perspectives rather than relying on dated terms, ideals, and preconceived notions.
This event is brought about through a collaborative curatorial effort between artist and poet Jerome Knapp — who serves as the executive director of the Historic King Drive District in Milwaukee — and CENTER which is comprised of Cody Frei, Tyler Roberts, and Michael Senise.
The opening reception for BONES is Saturday, April 20th from 5pm to 10pm. The exhibition will continue through April, 30th, all viewings after opening reception should be scheduled with curators; contact them via email at email@example.com.
- Larry Chatman (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.larrychatman.com/
- Alika Cooper (Los Angeles, CA) – http://www.alikacooper.com/
- James Dallas (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.jamesdallas.net/
- Austin Eddy (Brooklyn, NY) – http://www.jaustineddy.com/
- Anwar Floyd-Pruitt (Milwaukee, WI) -
- Elizabeth Jaeger (Brooklyn, NY) – http://www.elizabethjaeger.com/
- Rachel de Joode (Berlin, Germany) – http://www.racheldejoode.com/
- Jerome Knapp (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.joserm.com/
- Julio Cordova & Tom Roberts (as R.Mutt Global) (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.rmuttglobal.com/
- Erin M Riley (Philadelphia, PA) – http://www.erinmriley.com/
- Tyler Roberts (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.tylerrobots.com/
- Michael Senise (Milwaukee, WI) – http://www.themichaelsenise.com/
- Alan & Michael Fleming (as Spacial Interventions) (New York, NY) – http://spatialinterventions.com/